Forest Lake Academy accepts students of any race, creed, and/or ethnic background to all the rights, privileges, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, and/or ethnic background in the administration of educational policies, application for admission, and athletic or extracurricular programs. However, because Forest Lake Academy is owned and operated by the Florida Conference of Seventh-day Adventists, entrance preference may be given to its members should limitation of facilities, class space, or work opportunities make it necessary.
Students may be accepted to attend Forest Lake Academy if:
They satisfactorily complete their previous academic program, including:
- having no more than one F-grade, or two grades below a C from the previous semester;
- having a composite score in the 30th percentile or higher on the last standardized achievement test;
- having at least a C-grade for citizenship and attendance from the previous two semesters, if these grades were recorded at the last school.
Note: An appointment with the Admissions Director may be made to discuss concerns if the above criteria is not met.
- Location - Our office is located in the Administration building.
- The office hours are:
|School Year Hours (August 1 through May 31)|
|8:00-12:00 noon||8:00-12:00 noon|
|1:00-4:30 p.m.||1:00-3:00 p.m.|
|Summer Hours (June 1 through July 31)|
- Contact Information:
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Claudia Osorio|
|Admissions Office Phone||(407) 862-8411 Ext. 743|
|Admissions Office Fax||(407) 862-7050|
Tours are available by appointment from Mondays through Thursdays. Please contact the Admissions office to schedule your visit.
- If the international applicant needs an I-20 form, an official bank statement is required, verifying the funding of the cost (in US dollars) of at least one year's tuition from the sponsors or parents. This information is needed in order to process your application.
- All documents including school and physician records must be submitted in English.
- English is the primary language of instruction in the classrooms at Forest Lake Academy. All applicants need an adequate level of English language proficiency before admission, regardless of their citizenship status or country of origin.
- International applicants from China should inquire with Cambridge for information and application to Forest Lake Academy at email@example.com
- Tuition costs need to be paid in advance by year or by semester. Click here to see our Tuition Rates for 2011-2012.
- Students may only earn the equivalent maximum number of credits per academic year as those students who are enrolled in the receiving high school may earn.
- In order to receive credit for any course completed within the past year, a student shall pass a school-based competency exam if an examination is available for the subject. For those subjects where a test is not available, a curriculum outline, materials utilized, samples of work generated, and an indication of time devoted to study of the course shall be required.
- No high school credit will be awarded for any subjects taken below grade nine.
- Credit granted for courses shall receive Pass/Fail grades only.
- Credit for courses shall not carry the Honors designation.
- Home School students transferring into Forest Lake Academy must be full-time enrolled students during their last academic year prior to graduation and must earn a minimum of six credits in order to receive a diploma from the school.
- Students with credit awarded for Home School programs shall be eligible to be ranked in their graduation class only if a minimum of twelve credits has been earned in an accredited high school.
The Admissions Committee will review your completed application and the Admissions Director will send you an email regarding your acceptance.
Every family will complete a financial agreement for the 2011-2012 school year and will register for the automatic payment plan through FACTS. Arrangements can also be made to pre-pay by semester or year. This step can be done anytime after you have been accepted.
Click here to begin a New Student Application